Advanced Teaching Topics
by Dave Brown
Other articles that will be of use in your bible study (see alphabetical list below for links):
- Context - Context - Context - the critical role that context plays in our understanding the meaning and application of a passage.
- Language of Ashdod - can we understand the bible if we use biblical words in non-biblical ways?
- Difficult Passages - answers the question: why are there difficult passages in the bible?
- Not ... But ... - this is a common biblical construct that throws a lot of people for a loop and has created a lot of false doctrines and questions in people's minds, but it is not difficult to understand when we survey its use throughout the New Testament.
- Translations - it is a matter of faith that God has and will continue to preserve his word (Mt. 5:18; 24:35); you can find the truth in any sound scholarly translation.
Categories -- Authority (AU); Bible Study Methods (BSM); Advanced Teaching Topics (ATT), Teaching Aids (TA)
Articles in Alphabetical order:
Difficult Passages ATT -- This has been published under Can we understand/Why Have Diff Passages
Hasty Generalizations (Part 1) ATT -- published under Causes of Common Errors
Hasty Generalizations (Part 2) ATT -- ditto
Language of Ashdod ATT -- consider for Causes of Common Errors
Not ... But ... ATT -- ditto
Translations ATT -- ditto
Go to the planning page